Once an traditional home built in 1924, Sleeping Dragon Hostel is now the perfect stop for backpackers, hostelers and anyone else traveling through Shanghai on a budget. While the building was recently renovated in 2008, it maintains a distinctly classical feel, resulting in a quirky blend of Chinese tradition and modern flair and convenience. Think chandeliers meet bunk beds, elaborate columns meet Beijing opera masks and antique Chinese furniture meets funky, modern artwork.
While Sleeping Dragon Hostel has clean and modern rooms, facilities and conveniences, we are located in a very colorful, traditional Chinese neighborhood. Come here to get a taste of what life in Shanghai is really like.
We are also located within 5 minutes (2 blocks) walking distance of the convenient metro line 4, to connect you with the rest of this fascinating and modern city.
Aside from the comfy beds and casual atmosphere you expect from an international hostel, you may also enjoy the following at the Sleeping Dragon:
Common area with:
- Free WIFI
- Free computer use with microphone
- English and foreign language travel books, novels and magazines to borrow or trade
- DVD's available rent-free
- Colorful maps to help you find your way around Shanghai, China and The World.
- Cozy bay window seats and multiple couches and tables
Mini Bar and Cafe with:
- Full Service Western Style Breakfasts
- Special Chinese dishes to try
- Hot chocolate, coffee, tea, Coke, beer and other beverages
- Variety of sweets and snacks
- Mini Souvenir Shop with assortment of post cards and other last-minute gift ideas.
Click HERE to see our current menu.
Other conveniences include:
- Bathrooms with western-style toilets
- Showering room with 24 hour hot water
- AC and heat in all rooms
- Self help laundry with dryer
- Balconies in the dorm rooms with views of the Oriental Pearl Tower
- Bikes for rent
- Travel information with ticket and reservation services
- Free luggage storage
- Free mail collection
- Free use of Iron and Ironing board